- Founded in 1989, the New Jersey Association for Biomedical Research (NJABR), a 501(c)(3) non-profit is the only organization in New Jersey dedicated solely to advocating for the continued availability of appropriate research models. Our membership consists of key stakeholders from industry to academia, hospitals, voluntary health organizations, as well as affiliated trade and professional organizations.
What we do
For over 20 years, NJABR has been devoted to educations, outreach, and advocacy on behalf of the biomedical research community. We have allocated resources, both human and financial, to fulfilling our mission in the following four priority areas:
- Member Services & Programs
- Public Awareness & Engagement
- Legislative Advocacy & Legal Monitoring
- Community-building and Networking
NJABR dedicates time and energy to cultivating strong relationships with national organizations like National Association for Biomedical Research, Foundation for Biomedical Research, Americans for Medical Progress, American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, Society of Toxicology, American Physiological Society, and States United for Biomedical Research to drive successful programming and strengthening to the community through collaboration and cooperation. We conduct extensive outreach to expand communication networks for dissemination of timely information regarding threats, campaigns, and legal challenges to animal-based research.